Thursday 17 January 2013

Some bookshelf cleaning, and Happy 2013!


Whew, time flies so fast, it’s already 2013! Okay, maybe not that fast, but I haven’t blogged in 2 months – loads of school work, and of course, Christmas Break! I was too busy doing nothing blog-worthy. Heh. I guess it’s way too late, but happy 2013! We made it through 12-21-2012! The Mayans probably just ran out of paper or whatever they were using to write their calendars on. XD

2012 was a good year for me, but still not that good. For one, I didn’t reach my goal of reading 50 books, I was 2 books short. K So I lowered my reading challenge goal this year to 35, and I promise I won’t change it anymore! (I changed several times last year: from 25 to 30 to 35 to 40 to 45 and then to 50 – which I didn’t reach! Ack! Blame’s on me. )

My sister and I decided to “reorganize” our books to start the year off with good reading vibes. We realized we had too much books and not much space left on the bookshelf! So we pledged not to buy books this year. Is that even possible? Ha. I don’t know how long it’ll last, but we’ll try. Haha.

So, back to our books. Here’s a peek of our soon-to-be “library” (Note: we added a carpet after shelving the books for a more homey appearance. Yay! :D )


You see, we buy way more books than we could read. So I guess the pledge should work, by reading books that we already own first. (But how about the new books I want to read? =( )

Buuuut- As I was skipping through my news feed in Facebook, I saw Fully Booked’s New Year Giveaway, which looked like this:


Aaaand who could resist the temptation of an H.G Wells classic, and leather bound at that!
I got a crazy idea, which is of course, to join. It would be my pleasure to take photos of our classic books. And it’d be a bonus if we win!

Here’s the photo I submitted.


                (And in case you were wondering, we did win. HURRAAAAAHH!!! I’ll get back to you on that soon ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment