Monday 29 October 2012

12 for 2012: 49 Days

As my sister and I are new to this blogging world, we had to come up of things to blog about, and she said, "Just blog those things that interest you." And so I will. I love Asian dramas and I love reading, so I guess those should be the topics of my blog posts.

As we all know, watching Asian Dramas and reading can take up a lot of your time, and I mean a lot. When I read, I read. When I watch, I watch. Which leaves no time for acads (school). Hahaha.  And since my sister doesn't really watch Asian dramas I can only watch it when she's not around...or if she's in an enough good mood to allow me to watch it while she's there. XD

Since 2012 is almost over I decided to name the next 12 of my blog posts as 12 for 2012. They could be Asian dramas, movies, books, or anything that caught my eye this year. 

Let's begin with my first on 12 for 2012: 49 Days!


Cast:

Lee Yo-won as Song Yi Kyung/Shin Ji Min
Nam Gyu-Ri as Shin Ji Hyun
Jo Hyeon-jae as Han Kang
Bae Su-bin as Kang Min Ho
Jung Il Woo as Scheduler/Song Yi Soo
Seo Ji-hye as Shin In Jung


This 2011 South Korean drama is about a woman, Shin Ji-Hyun, who could get a second chance in life if she gets three droplets of tears from pure love, within 49 days. Guided by the Scheduler ( a modern-day reaper) on her quest to get the three droplets of tears, she finds out that her perfect life isn't so perfect after all.

Unexpectedly, I had so much feelings for this drama. I've been avoiding dramas that have a sad plot (after bawling my eyes out years ago with Lovers in Paris), because, well, I don't like to be sad. 49 Days was classified as a fantasy drama (with it touching the afterlife and sorts) so I never expected it to bring in a ton of emotions. It's so heartbreaking it's awesome. You know what's going to happen, but you watch it and cry anyway.

No, I won't be giving away spoilers, but my favorite character (yes, I have favorites in almost every drama I watch) is Scheduler (portrayed by Jung Il-Woo). I won't say why just yet. Just watch it. You'll find out why soon enough.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment