Wednesday 24 October 2012

First Official Post and the October Saladbox

I have never tried makeup on myself before. I have always been content with just a lipbalm and powder on (most of the time I'm just bare-faced :D). But since I became a lawyer this year, I realized that I had to look "more" presentable to other people (a.k.a. clients/colleagues). And while it makes me happy when people say that I look "too young" for a lawyer/for my age, I now want to learn the basics when it comes to makeup and proper skincare. That was also one of the reasons why I had a newfound interest in blogs. There are a LOT of amazing bloggers out there! I also want to share the products that I love, products that I would love to try, my deep love for books, travel, poetry, t.v series, movies and music. This would be a shared blog between me and my sister (if she wants to :D). Today is the start! I don't even know where to begin! :D 

Hmmm I guess it would be proper for me to start with a new kind of service that I joined recently. It's Saladbox. Apparently, it is the first monthly beauty subscription here in the Philippines. And for a newbie like me, I think this would be a perfect way to try out new products. :D I received my October Saladbox yesterday, in perfect timing as I just started this blog the other day. :D

Sorry for the pictures, I was in a rush to take it. :D Here is the package:




What's inside my Saladbox?



1. Virginia Olsen Minerals Eye Shadow - The two shades are solar fire and lodo. I think Lodo (the grayish/black one) is a pretty color and hopefully I can learn how to put on smokey eye makeup so that I can use it . :D

2. Sakura Hand Foam Sanitizer - This is the first time that I saw this product and I'm quite excited to use it. This would be perfect for travel because it feels like hand soap but you don't need water to use it. :D I gave the other one away to my friend. :D

3. Black Beauty Gold Shampoo - I am not really particular to shampoo, I just use any fragrant shampoo available so I would definitely use this.  

4. BC Fragrance Spiced Fig Room Fragrance -  The smell of this reminds me of Christmas, Cinnamon and Apples. Yum! :D I gave this to my friend. :D

5. BC Fragrance Pillow Mist - I love how the smell of Mint relaxes me. I gave this away to my friend together with the room spray and sanitizer in addition to my gift for her birthday. She loved it! :D

Cherries on Top: 3.5/5

Conclusion: I love how Saladbox promotes mostly Filipino products. And for a newbie blogger like me, this a great way to try new products in trial/travel sizes without spending a lot (by buying full sized products and realizing that a certain product doesn't work for you). 

Did you subscribe to Saladbox too? Try it here :D

Follow me and I'll follow you. :D






No comments:

Post a Comment